To your little, cuddly monster, every muddy pool or filthy ground is something to enjoy, savor and of course roll around in. While many breeds enjoy being caked in filth, it’s something that pet owners not like to live with. So, clean them up with the best smelling dog shampoo!
While regular baths for a dog can strip out the required oil from the coat, giving them occasional water trips can help to keep odor and other infections at bay.
Wait! Don’t use human products; dogs have specific shampooing needs which keep their coat protected and will also preserve natural oils in them. Have a look at seven of the best smelling dog shampoos you can use on your dog:
The Best Smelling Dog Shampoo – [7 Great Options]
Earthbath All Natural Pet Shampoo:
Earthbath is a name popular for their natural dog care supplies and products. All their shampoos and conditioners are formulated with natural ingredients to keep a pet’s coat healthy and clean. This Earthbath Oatmeal shampoo contains oatmeal, which helps in maintaining moisture in pet’s skin. It’s a perfect blend of aloe, vanilla and almond extracts that help in keeping the dog’s fur shiny and healthy. Check current prices here!
- It doesn’t contain any soap and is ideal for dogs with soft and sensitive skin
- It contains no parabens, synthetic dyes, perfumes, gluten DEA, enzymes, SLS/SLES and phosphates
- Contains vitamin A, B, D and E and other extracts to maintain moisture and softness
- The aloe in the shampoo will help in healing your pet’s itchy parts
- The almond and vanilla make your pet smell beautifully
- Seriously smelling dogs might need another heavy shampoo
- Leaves a chemical-like fragrance
Nevertheless, made from all natural ingredients, Earthbath Oatmeal shampoo contains a gentle formulation which is great for sensitive skin dogs.
Wahl 100% Natural Pet Shampoo:
Wahl is another name when it comes to choosing an organic shampoo for dogs. Their natural shampoos are made by blending various organic formulations and scents to make your pooch smell pleasant.
- The company guarantees that all their shampoos contain plant-derived ingredients only
- It contains oatmeal, coconut, lime, aloe vera and lemon zest to replenish dry coat and restore the needed moisture
- It’s a concentrated product, which means you would need only a small portion to create rich leather
- It comes in several other scents like White Pear, Cornflower & Aloe, Eucalyptus, Lavender, Lemongrass Sage and more
- For some pets, the fragrance is quite strong; thus people and pets with any allergies should avoid it.
- Stinky dogs might need heavy duty shampoo
Wahl only uses safe and natural ingredients, which ensure a healthy coat and gentle pet skin. So, if you want a gentle shampoo for fresh, clean and moisture dog, Wahl is for your pet!
Rocco & Roxie Argan Oil Dog Shampoo And Conditioner:
It’s soft, gentle and contains Argon Oil to keep your dog’s skin shiny and soft. It also contains Vitamin A and geranium, which helps in nourishing the skin and strengthening pet’s fur. Check current prices here!
- It contains Moroccan Argon Oils for a shiny and soft coat
- Contains Chamomile, Geranium Extract and Vitamin A
- Doesn’t contain synthetic dyes, drying alcohols and parabens
- It is not helpful for treating severe itchiness
- For some pets and even owners, the fragrance is quite pungent
If you want a best smelling dog shampoo that thoroughly clean and removes dirt from your pet’s skin, this Rocco & Roxie Argan oil Dog shampoo is what you need.
Barklogic Lemon Tree Natural Deodorizing shampoo:
Barklogic is a natural shampoo made from plant-derived ingredients. Although it is natural shampoo, it is ideal for treating serious odors. It contains special deodorizing qualities and refreshing scent that helps in making your pooch feel fresh and healthy. Also, it contains mineral-based ingredients, which help in gently lifting the debris from your pooch’s fur. Check current prices here!
- Contains 100% plant and mineral based components
- It is free from phthalates, PEG, DEA, Gluten, Triclosan, sulfates, dyes, and artificial colors and fragrances, which can lead to skin infections and irritations.
- The lemon fragrance is very subtle, which means if you need a refreshing odor, you might need to repeat the shampoo.
- This shampoo is an excellent deodorizer and is also a heavy duty in its effectiveness.
- It doesn’t contain any chemical and is all natural.
MinkSheen Pet Shampoo 4 in 1 Concentrate 16 oZ:
Since MinkSheen contains citronella, cedar oil and eucalyptus, it is ideal for dogs that are sensitive to fragrances. Also, it contains mink oil and Vitamin E, which helps in maintaining the overall health of the dog. Moreover, the citronella and Cedar oil is an insect repellent that can easily ward off insects. Check current prices here!
- It contains anti-bacterial properties that can protect your pet’s coat
- Made from all natural ingredients
- Repels biting insects
- Keep dog’s skin healthy and shiny
- Highly concentrated
- Infective in repelling bugs and houseflies
- Leaves the dog’s coat brittle
MinkSheen is all-natural, chemical-free and naturally scented shampoo which is perfect for dog’s coats.
Oster Oatmeal Natural Shampoo:
Although this oster oatmeal natural shampoo comes with light scents like poaching mango and blueberry fragrances, its quality is what makes them ideal for every pooch. It contains Vitamin B5 and other natural ingredients that help in detangling and conditioning the coat. Check current prices here!
- It contains 100% oatmeal that helps in protecting pooch’s skin
- It is free from alcohol, phthalate, paraben and synthetic dye
- This shampoo helps in treating dry skin and managing odor
- Increases itching in some breeds
- Make the dog skin feel dry
- Unlike other shampoos, it doesn’t build rich leather
While oster oatmeal natural shampoo is soft gentle, it leaves the dog feel dry. Also, it’s one of the most affordable shampoos with unbeatable quality.
Aromatherapy Shampoo & Conditioner:
It’s another best smelling dog shampoo that helps in keeping the dog clean and fresh. The oatmeal and Aloe Vera formula help in relieving itchiness and skin irritation. Check current prices here!
- It is free from products that cause skin irritations
- It is ideal for dogs with sensitive skin
- Helps in fighting free radicals
- It’s gentle and safe
- Owners find difficult to rinse it completely
- Might cause skin irritation to some breeds
Get this Aromatherapy Shampoo & Conditioner to keep your pet’s coat healthy and shiny.
Now that you know that which best smelling dog shampoo you would need to take care of your pup’s coat and which will ensure your pup’s pleasing odor, make your dog ready and get set bathing!
Note: Every dog is different; choose the best smelling dog shampoo as per your pet’s specific needs. Also, check for any infections and find the reason for the bad smell.
You might also enjoy
Skunk Spray Remedy: What to Do If Your Bulldog Has Been Skunked?
Bulldog Chewing Paws: Causes and Prevention
The Best Food for a French Bulldog – A Look at the top 7 brands
Pin for later – 7 Best Smelling Dog Shampoo